Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Who is Peggy?

I've been sharing my life on the ranch with a few friends. After a few 'typical' events, I was asked to "document" my life. So here is goes!

Apparently, the life of a feathered gal is a bit interesting and sometimes humorous...

Well, stop the presses. I'm a chicken. My name is Peggy and I'm a Rhode Island Red. I live on a ranch in North Central Nebraska and my life is generally like any other chicken. I'm part of a small flock.  During the day, I run around chasing bugs, scratching the ground and generally just wasting time until the sun goes down.  I do lay eggs. One egg, once a day. No more, please.

There's me, my BFFs, and Jethro.  He's the rooster and thinks he can rule my world. That's a joke!

Oh yeah, I'm owned by some human. (strange creatures...but wait, I've met something stranger I'll share with you another time!). She let us out each day, feeds us a little and then expects us to go look for more, scratch the ground and scavenge for bugs! I personally prefer corn and fruit, just saying.

Well, that's enough for now. I hope you enjoy reading about my life and I hope I am able to bring a little smile to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment